Things I should’ve done earlier.
On Linux, there are things that you know are better but you don’t switch because you’re comfortable where you are. Here’s a list of the things I’ve changed the past year that I really should’ve done earlier.
- screen -> tmux
- irssi/quassel -> weechat + relay
- apache -> nginx
- dropbox -> owncloud
- bash -> zsh
- bootstrapping vim-spf -> my own tailored and clean dotfiles
- phing -> make
- sahi -> selenium
- ! mpd -> mpd (oh why did I ever leave you)
- ! mutt -> mutt (everything else is severely broken)
- a lot of virtualbox instances -> crossbrowsertesting.com (much less hassle, with support for selenium too!)
… would be interested to know what else I could be missing out on! :)