End of 2012
Aha, it’s the end of 2012. Here’s a recap of the highlights of the year.
- Firstly, I’ve finished my second year of architectural education at the University of Sydney. This has led to me forming some more baked opinions about the architecture industry.
- I am now searching for architecture jobs and will likely begin work early 2013.
- My design for of a museum of pacific art was selected as part of the 2012 university architecture catalogue.
- There was the very excellent “Game of Homes” architecture revue, at which I acted as musical director and were reviewed as best revue band.
- I am now a Gentoo developer
- I have had much fun modeling and 3D printing various forest animals
- I have developed a foundation to build web applications out of: a mix between HTML5 boilerplate, Kohana, Mustache, various drivers, and a skeleton DCI setup.
- I have begun WIPUP2013: rebuilding WIPUP from the ground up with an improved and more maintainable backend, improved interface, and multiple device support.
- A lot of fun work setting up a training scheme, dev infrastructure and QA standards with a web development company.
- Early in the year: a couple months learning conversational Mandarin in Shanghai
- A couple months enjoying Malaysia
- Learning to cook a series of Malaysian dishes :) Yum!
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year, everyone!